Friday, July 24, 2009

You Don't Know who K'naan is?

Waving Flag by K'naan US Military Video


this is a very moving video & it shows how diverse music can be. When K'naan wrote this song it could have been about a lot of different things but in this video it has touched a lot of people affected by weakness and war.
K'naan- Kay-nan
Is one of the realest artist to hit the music scene in a loooong time! If you don't know let me be the first to introduce you to my buddy K'naan. My buddy? Yes, he is one of the few musical talents along with the Marley family & a few select others that you don't have to actually know to fall for his metaphorical & beautiful rhythms. His style of music is just as hard to genre-rize as is his style of dress. His style is far from main stream but just as easy to get pulled into. I don't know if he has a special thing for hats but he is lucky enough to be able to pull them off. I repeat, he can pull them off. Please do not try this style at home because you will likely fail. In the picture above K'naan's style is truly one of a kind and can only be shown in a picture.
One of the true reasons K'naan has actually retained my interest this long is because he is intelligent in my opinion a true MC he is willing to stop being a politician of words & speak up for his people in Somalia, where he lived till 14, and in the projects of America. I have heard him speak on everything from pirates in Somali Waters to the word Nigger in America.So if K'naan is performing where you are I promise you will enjoy the show!
some of my favorites:

kicked pushed

people like me

Fatima

this one is honestly, just too ironic it is called What's Hardcore? about his life in Somalia he was born in Mogadishu, Somalia, and spent his childhood in the district of Wardhiigleey ("The River of Blood"). That sound pretty hardcore to me!




1 comment:

  1. I looooooooooooooooove his style.
    I'm surprised he's not big already.

    ReplyDelete